News & Events
- No. 75 Do you sense the world’s changes and trends?
- No. 74 2019 is the zodiac year of the Pig – it’s time to understand world trends,abandon fear, and take action!
- No. 73 Let’s start imagining = creating!
- No. 72 Translation is the imagination = creation of the reality you experience: a consideration on AI
- No. 71 BUPST’s alumni meeting after the graduation ceremony held on November 30, 2018 in Hawaii
- No. 70 Translation is the imagination = creation of the reality you experience: a consideration on AI
- No. 69 Creating a global translation library – how exciting to imagine a multilingual translation library!
- Issue 68 Considering your branding strategy as a professional by publishing translated works (part two)
Risk Management When Starting a Translation Business in Foreign Markets
In this seminar, you will learn from a translator with 17 years of experience working at a foreign translation company. You will consider how find and select clients, skills sought in the overseas translation market, how to increase your number of clients, how to manage issues with clients, and what it takes to succeed as a translator.
- How I became a translator (lecturer’s personal experience)
- Establishing yourself as a translator
- Changes in client portfolios
- Finding and selecting clients
- Skills sought in the overseas translation market
- Increasing your number of clients
- Managing issues with clients